1 lb large elbow macaroni
6 slices bacon
1/4 cup flour
1 cup whole milk
8 oz Black Diamond Extra Sharp Cheddar Spread
2 cups Black Diamond shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- As the pasta cooks, prepare the cheese sauce. Once pasta is al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, cook 6 slices of bacon. As soon as the bacon is crispy, remove it to a paper towel-lined plate from the pan. Remove 1 tablespoon of the reserved grease and add it to a medium bowl.
- Add panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese to bowl with grease, toss to combine. Set aside.
- In the pan with reserved grease, stir in flour. Using a whisk, add milk until the mixture is combined. Add Black Diamond Extra Sharp Cheddar, whisking until cheese is smooth. Add 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese, again stirring until mixture is completely melted.
- Add cooked and drained pasta. Toss with sauce until entirely combined.
- Add the macaroni and cheese to a large baking dish. Top with crumbled bacon and reserved ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Finally, top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.