10 ripe tomatoes
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped up
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
2 French baguettes
3 cups Black Diamond Grand Reserve 3 Year Aged Cheddar, shredded
- Cut tomatoes in half; remove seeds.
- Place tomatoes under pre-heated broiler and broil until lightly blackened.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Mix half of olive oil, green onions and herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice baguettes.
- Brush one side of each slice with remaining olive oil.
- Broil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Top with tomato mixture and cheese.
- If desired, broil to melt cheese.