8 cups mixed field greens
1 ½ lb sirloin steak
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp cracked pepper
2 cups mushrooms, quartered or sliced
1/2 lb asparagus
6-8 campari tomatoes
1/2 cup white onion, thinly sliced and caramelized
1 cup shaved Black Diamond Premium Reserve 2 Year Aged Cheddar
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Dressing (Serves 6-10)
- Combine chopped garlic, mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper and balsamic dressing until evenly blended.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until combined and emulsified.
- Taste and correct seasoning with salt and /or sugar.
- Wash field greens and divide evenly between 4 plates.
- Sautee onions and mushrooms until soft and reserve to cool.
- Trim asparagus, then drop into boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Place in an ice bath to retain color.
- Rub steak with soy sauce and cracked pepper, then grill to liking.
- Let steak rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing to retain juices.
- Slice thinly, across the grain and divide evenly onto the 4 salad plates.
- Top with onions and mushrooms, halved cherry tomatoes and asparagus.
- Drizzle with dressing and shaved Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese.