1 clove garlic
1-1/2 cups dry white wine
7 cups Black Diamond Premium Reserve 2 Year Aged Cheddar, grated
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp Kirsch or brandy
- Rub fondue pot with garlic, and discard clove.
- Over medium heat, bring white wine to a simmer in a heavy saucepan.
- In a bowl, toss grated cheese with cornstarch and nutmeg.
- Stir cheese mixture into wine with wooden spoon until melted and thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Kirsch or brandy.
- Pour fondue into fondue pot and keep warm over medium heat.